Homemade Fish Fingers
The following recipe will feed 2 people.
- 2 Portions of Fresh Hake (Available via online shop)
- Plain flour
- Golden Breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of Paprika
- Parsley (optional)
- Chop your hake into finger size portions. Don't have them to thick as you want the fish to cook quickly to not burn the breadcrumbs.
- Next set up a plate of plain flour, a plate of egg wash and a plate for breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper your flour and add a sprinkle off paprika and mix.
- Dip your fish fingers into the flour, then the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs, coating fully but removing the excess.
- Put your oil into your frying pan and bring up to medium/high heat.
- Add your fish fingers and cook for approx. 1&1/2, to 2 minutes. Shake the pan to make sure they are not sticking to the bottom.
- Flip your fish fingers and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add a few knobs of butter and continue to cook for a further minute or until the breadcrumbs are crispy.
- Remove from the pan and place on kitchen roll to drain.
- (optional) Place on to serving plate and sprinkle with parsley.